I just finished reading post-apocalyptic novel Cyberstorm by Matthew Mather. Just before that I read One Year After by William R. Forstchen. And I’m watching The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead on TV. All these apocalypse tales could explain my bad mood.
These stories got me thinking, though–and I don’t mean about becoming a prepper. (Okay, they did get me thinking about that, actually, but that’s not my point here.) For some odd reason I like post-apocalyptic novels and movies and such and am fascinated (highly disturbed?) by the wide variety of possibilities for apocalypse that apparently exist. So I am going to list all the fictional apocalypse scenaries I have read or seen. Please leave a comment if you’ve read others.
- Comet hitting the earth
- Sort of a combination vampire/zombie things
- Nuclear War
- Electro magnetic pulse or EMP (natural from solar flares)
- EMP from a nuclear attack
- Seriously, so many zombies I think I should enter them again
- Earth’s orbit moving us away from the sun
- Earth’s orbit moving us toward the sun
- Cyber attack
- Prehistoric creatures
- Killer engineered flu
- Alien invasion
- Nano technology out of control
- Apes evolving and taking over the earth
- Computers evolving and taking over the earth
- Earth under water
These are the ones I can think of right now. What have I forgotten? Or what gem of destruction have I missed that you’ve read or seen?